Monday, July 6, 2015

In Honor of Independence Day and Bastille Day


Colonne de Juillet with God Rays

Please go to the link below to read my recent blog about my stay in the Bastille:
http://www.lynnebuchanan.com/blog/

There are several more photos and some reflections.  Below are a couple of additional photos.







Place de la Bastille Under a Full Moon

Evenings are Hopping at La Bastille















Here is another photograph I posted that exemplifies the heat wave we experienced while we were in Paris.  One day, it actually got up to 103 degrees.  Many people don't have air conditioning and took to the parks and streets.  When I saw all these figures in the Luxembourg Gardens, it instantly reminded me of a modern day version of Seurat's Sunday in the Park, thought it was a different park and no one had parasols.

Modern Sunday Afternoon in the Park During a Paris Heatwave
Please visit the blog on my website to see more photographs...

No comments:

Post a Comment